Current thesis / project offerings
I am actively seeking researchers for various aspects — Bachelor thesis, Master thesis or PhD candidates (depending on available funding) with research interests in the areas of cybersecurity and digital forensics. Topics include but are not limited to:
- Approximate matching, especially on the byte level.
- Malware analysis with focus on Android malware.
- Internet of Things (IoT) and Mobile forensics targeting Android including their Applications.
- File / Data sets analysis with respect cybersecurity.
Unfortunately I cannot provide more specific topics / descriptions online, since several of my ideas were picked up by other researchers. Thus, if you are interested in doing your thesis / project / PhD in the area of cybersecurity or digital forensics, please feel free to contact me via Email. Of course, you can also come with your own idea.
- Strong general computing knowledge.
- Excellent command of spoken and written English.
- Clear understanding of the commitment requirements for research.
- Experience of Digital Forensics and / or cybersecurity.
- Experience of LATEX.
- Programming experience.
- Existing academic publication record.
If you feel that you meet the above criteria, please do not hesitate to contact me.