Current thesis / project offerings
I am actively seeking researchers for various aspects — Bachelor thesis, Master thesis or PhD candidates (depending on available funding) with research interests in the areas of cybersecurity and digital forensics. Topics include but are not limited to:
- Approximate matching, especially on the byte level.
- Malware analysis with a focus on Android malware.
- Internet of Things (IoT) and Mobile forensics targeting Android including their Applications.
- File / Data sets analysis with respect cybersecurity.
- Automation for Digital Forensics
- Forensics on AI
- Incident response and threat hunting
Unfortunately, I cannot provide more specific topics / descriptions online, since several of my ideas were picked up by other researchers. Thus, if you are interested in doing your thesis / project / PhD in the area of cybersecurity or digital forensics, please feel free to contact me via Email. Of course, you can also come up with your own idea.
Note, there is currently no paid position available.
- Strong general computing knowledge.
- Intrinsic motivation and dedication to complete the project.
- Good command of spoken and written English.
- Experience in Digital Forensics and / or cybersecurity.
- Experience of LATEX.
- Programming experience.
- Existing academic publication record.
If you feel that you meet the above criteria, please do not hesitate to contact me.