Current thesis / project offerings
Unfortunately I cannot put a topic list online, since several of my ideas were stolen in the past. Thus, if you are interested in doing your thesis / project in the area of cyber security / cyber forensics, please feel free to contact me (personal / email). You can either work on a topic suggested by me or come with your own idea.
- Lorenz Liebler (Masterthesis)
- Vikram Harichandran (Masterthesis)
- Tobias Huppertz: An indexing approach for approximate matching using Bloom filters (08/2014 – 02/2015).
- Vikas Gupta: File fragment detection on network traffic using similarity hashing (01/2013 – 06/2013)*.
- Simon Thurner: Methods for identification of encryption data and its application in digital forensics (08/2012 – 02/2013).
- Tim Völpel: Forensic-Chatlog-Parser (02/2012 – 08/2012).
- Knut Petter Astebøl: mvHash – a new approach for fuzzy hashing (01/2012 – 07/2012)*.
- Jesse Beckingham: Security analysis of sdhash (08/2011 – 03/2012)*.
- Dario Cundari: Software tools for testing similarity preserving algorithms (03/2012 – 07/2012).
- Georg Ziroff: Approaches for similarity preserving hashing (08/2011 – 02/2012)*.
Projects / independent research
- Victoria Oliveira, Kyle Pinder, Louis Notarino, Cinthya Grajeda, Kevin Gonzalez: Business Intelligence Dashboard (2016, Senior project with DocuWare)
- Joseph Bisch, Kyle Combs, Ardian Caban, Nicholas Wereszczak: Personal Cloud Storage (2016, Senior project)
- Benjamin Beisel: Analysis of URL-based image exchange from Android smartphone messenger ooVoo (2015, independent research, collaboration with Hochschule Darmstadt).
- Mike Yang: CAPIL: Component-API Linkage for Android Malware Detection (2015, master project).
- Justin Labrecque, William Putnam, Michael Barone, Viet Le and Chris Harris: iNodeKey – An Innovative Approach To Securing Data (2015, senior project).
- Benjamin Baylis: Nutritional Tracker Mobile App (2015, senior project).
* Works marked with a star was published in a peer reviewed journal / conference and is listed in publication section.